RHUBARB, TOMATO AND RASPBERRY TART
For the filling:
- 500g rhubarb
- 150g raspberries
- 2 large, very ripe tomatoes
- 50g sugar
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 100ml Vallée des Baux olive oil
- 150g lamb’s lettuce, carefully selected and washed well
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 125g butter & 125g sieved icing sugar
- 25g flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 40g melted white chocolate
- Clean and chop the rhubarb and tomatoes.
- Feed them through a centrifugal juicer, along with the raspberries; add sugar and lemon juice
- Pass through a strainer. Bring to the boil and add the gelatine leaves once softened in cold water. Take the mixture off the heat and mix in the olive oil; leave to chill.
- The above pastry recipe is enough for 6 small, thin pastry cases; once baked, coat the edges in white chocolate.
- Pour in a generous amount of fruit mixture.
- Add the lamb’s lettuce salad and then dress with icing sugar.